WESTVILLE – A schoolboy, believed to be 15-years-old, was left critically injured this afternoon when he was electrocuted at a school in Westville, KwaZulu Natal.
ER24 paramedics were called to the school and lead into the classroom, where they found the boy.
Upon assessment, paramedics found that the boy had sustained serious burns to his chest and hands, and was in a critical condition.
According to Russel Meiring, ER24 spokesperson,” It is believed that the students had been using a transformer-like device when the boy was electrocuted,” he said.
Paramedics treated the patient and provided him with several advanced life support interventions, once treated, the student was transported to hospital for further treatment.
Local authorities will be conducting an investigation into this matter.