Durban July is one the most prestigious events on the calendar and is most noted for the glamorous fashion. This year the theme is “Stars of Africa” and with our beautiful multi-cultural continent, this years fashion is sure to be the best.
1. Local is best: In trying to stick to the theme some of the best fashion options will come from our own local stores or flee markets.
2. Don’t over-think: Don’t take the theme too literally or over think your outfit. Remember you want to enjoy yourself and feel comfortable
3. Make it your own: Don’t be afraid to interpret the theme in your own way. You’ll be sure to be different if you dress to your style and thinking.
4. Gather inspiration: Look at things within Africa that inspire you or that you enjoy and use that when designing your outfit.
5. Colour and Prints: Africa is known for their bright colour and beautifully designed patterns and prints. Use these two elements to make your look truly African.