DURBAN NORTH – A residential home has been left gutted after a fire raged through it this morning.
Neighbours spotted smoke spewing from the roof of the home and Marshall Security’s Medical Support unit as well as members of Ethekwini Fire and Rescue Services were called to the scene shortly after 9 am.
Swift action from firefighters contained the blaze which reached two rooms of the home. The home owner was at work and there were no injuries reported.
The cause of the blaze is suspected to be an electrical fault, however the necessary authorities will investigate further.