DURBAN – The Spar Women’s 10/5km Challenge takes place on Sunday, June 5 starting near Growth Point Kings Park Stadium on Masabalala Yengwa (NMR) Avenue.
The 10km will start at 8am, while the 5km will take off at 9.30am. Free parking will be available at Growthpoint Kings Park fields KP3, 4 and 5 and can be accessed via Smiso Nkwanyana Road into Jacko Jackson Drive. Parking for a fee at Moses Mabhida will be available at Isaiah Ntshangase Road from Umgeni Road.
- Several roads will be closed off for the event:
- From 2am the following roads will be closed:
- Snell Parade between Athlone Drive and the main entrance to Suncoast Casino
- Battery Beach Road
- Masabalala Yengwa Avenue between Smiso Nkwanyana Road and Isaiah Ntshangase Road.
- The South bound lane of Masabalala Yengwa Avenue between Smiso Nkwanyana Road and KE Masinga Road.
- Kingsmead Way
- Eden Gardens Crescent
From 4am the following roads will be closed:
- KE Masinga Road (the 2 left lanes) between Eden Gardens Crescent and Masabalala Yengwa Avenue.
- Masabalala Yengwa Avenue between Argyle Road and Smiso Nkwanyana Road
- Somtseu Road at Masabalala Yengwa Avenue
From 6am the following roads will be closed:
- The West bound lane of Athlone Drive between Snell Parade and Masabalala Yengwa Avenue
- The off ramp from the M4 (Ruth First Highway) to Athlone Drive (in both directions)