As summer school holidays draws to a close and children start making their way back to school, family life can get pretty hectic.
Megazone media provides key tips that will help keep your little ones safe and healthy throughout the school year.
Key safety tips for motorists:
• Be on the lookout for school zone signals and always obey the speed limits.
• When entering a school zone, be sure to slow down and obey all traffic laws.
• Avoid using a cell phone, unless it is completely hands-free, while driving in a school zone.
Key health tips:
• To prevent injury, backpacks should have wide straps, padding in the back and shoulders, and should not weigh more than 10 to 15 percent of a childs body weight.
• When placing items in a backpack, place the heavier items in first. The closer the heavier items are to a childs back, the less strain it will cause.
• Children should use both backpack straps and all compartments for even distribution of weight.
The following tips will benefit children and parents for the 2019 school rush.